For today’s post, I thought I’d do something a little more accessible than publishing reviews of films that almost none of you have seen. So instead I had a look and found the 30 day Harry Potter challenge. Because I don’t have the strength of character to answer a Harry Potter question each day, I figured I would spread this across three days; so today I will be going through the first ten questions of the 30 day Harry Potter challenge, with some elaboration on my answers.
- Favourite book in the series? Each one has great things about it, but I’ve always said that either Prisoner of Azkaban or Order of the Phoenix are my favourites. Azkaban is like a breathe of fresh air, and probably has the most compelling plot of the series; while Phoenix can lag at times, but has the additions of both Luna Lovegood and UMBRIDGE! (My bae ;))
- Least Favourite book in the series? This is just as difficult to answer. Everyone likes to say Chamber of Secrets, but I still enjoy that one quite a lot. I’m tempted to say Deathly Hallows, but it’s impossible for the final book to be the best with so many loose ends to tie up.
- Favourite Character? Lupin *sniffs*
- Favourite Villain? Umbridge is pretty amazing, I’ve never hated someone as much as I hated her. And she is the one who gets closest to getting away with it too.
- Saddest Moment? In the books I’d say Colin Creveey’s death (that caught me by surprise), in the films I’d say THAT scene during The Prince’s Tale
- Favourite Professor? McGonagall – is an explanation really needed?
- Least Favourite Professor? Locckhart would be annoying for a teacher, but I’d probably say Firenze (for being a bore) or Snape (for being a bully)
- Favourite Subject? History (oh, wait; you meant at Hogwarts?) I think I would actually find History of Magic quite interesting, and I’d love to do Astronomy, but I’ll stick for Transfiguration.
- Least Favourite Subject? Divination!
- Favourite Shop in Diagon Alley? The HMV that lies next to the owl emporium which is never mentioned in the books. If not for that, I’d say Florean Fortescue’s ice cream parlour/Waterstones/Flourish and Blots
Come back tomorrow for part 2, as I answer questions 11 to 20